Most positions will require that you complete an application for the Human Resource Department. Pay attention to the following tips:
- Remember to bring a blue or black pen.
- Have dates, names, addresses and telephone numbers on your resume or a card and bring it with you.
- Read all the instructions carefully.
- Complete every section of the application. If an item does not apply put N/A (not applicable).
- Print clearly. Be able to state the nature of your work at each job. State honestly, but as positively as possible, your reason for leaving your previous job.
- Make sure all words are spelled correctly and check your grammar.
- Tie in any prior experiences to the potential job’s demands.
- Check to see if a signature is required.
- Should there be any questions of the person receiving your application, include another clean copy of your resume.
- For references, list that you “can provide at a later date”. Provide your references to your FPC of Columbia Recruiter. He will coordinate with the company to conduct reference checks.
- For salary information only list what you are currently earning. Do not list what salary you are seeking.
Remember, interviewers can get a sense of who you are from how honest, detailed, neat, well-prepared, complete and accurate you are in filling out the application.